Ribbon Gum Lodge
The fully self-contained accommodation at Ribbon Gum Lodge (sleeps 6 adults & 2-3 children) is available for family or group lettings at all times. However, smaller groups can choose to book just the upper level, known as Ribbon Gum Suites (sleeps 4 adults & 2 children), which is available for weekday lettings (Sundays to Fridays). The property has a carport and off street parking for up to 4 cars.
Climb the stairs, close the front door behind you and be transported to a world of relaxation and rejuvenation. French doors and picture windows take in expansive views of the forest outside where you can brunch on the deck and watch the mist lift, revealing the whispering ribbon gum trees dotted throughout the gully below. Enjoy a book from the library, or just put your feet up and unwind in comfortable lounges by our inviting stone fireplace. In the evening, make a reservation at some of the Upper Mountains delightful restaurants, or simply select one of the latest movies from our free in-house DVD archive.
RIBBON GUM LODGE (6-8 guests)
Step through the french doored entrance and you're immediately in the great room which reveals the over 40 sq/m of combined lounge/dining/kitchen. The lounge area has comfortable seating for up to 8 people, a substantial library stocked with books and magazines, entertainment facilities in TV/DVD/Audio players, a games cupboard, the stone fireplace and a double sofa-bed if needed. The dining area has seating for up to 8 people, with an additional stool at the kitchen bench. The modern kitchen features hand-made timber benchtops and is fully equipped with all necessary appliances including both a drip-feed and Expressi coffee-maker for the enthusiast. The skylight in the centre hall floods the Lodge interior with light, which reveals the old exposed timbers of the original cottage. The thoroughly modern bathroom has everything you'll need including undertile floor heating.
The sleeping accommodations consist of the 'Kanimbla Suite' (Bedroom 1), which has a sumptuous queen bed and opens directly out onto the large verandah. This large room also has a study desk (for writers), a small library, a lounging chair and a large built in wardrobe. The 'Megalong Suite' (Bedroom 2) features two single beds (or a king bed when joined), a walk in wardrobe and the room opens out onto its own sunlit maisonette balcony. Adding privacy, the Lodge also includes the large downstairs 'Studio' (Bedroom 3), which features a queen bed, an en-suite bathroom with underfloor heating and a well-equipped kitchenette with table and chairs, TV, Video and stereo player as well as two comfortable tub lounge chairs. Please note that the Studio is not internally connected to the main level, and the en-suite is an open design (no door), so couples staying there need to be aware of this.
The Lodge features a huge wrap-around 65 sq/m sun deck and verandah, which is furnished with outdoor sun lounges and sun beds for those lazy afternoons. Play a game on the 'middle garden lawn' or just admire the separately terraced private gardens, which are a great place for bird watching or to simply relax.
RIBBON GUM SUITES (4-6 guests)
Please note that 'Ribbon Gum Suites' is the same property as described above, but without the downstairs Studio, and is available from Sundays to Fridays, outside of School & Public Holidays.
Guests will alwasy enjoy exclusive use of the property; Complimentary 'Wireless Internet'; All beds are made with quality fresh linen and towels; Gas Bar B Q; Carport and free parking for up to 4 cars; Iron & ironing board; Hairdryer; Open fireplace [wood not included]; Private gardens; TV-Video-CD-Stereo; Large DVD & Book Library; Non-smoking rooms; Provisions include: coffee, tea, sugar, UHT milk, soap, shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser etc. NB: Firewood is NOT included.
LETTING TERMS & CONDITIONS
The balance owing will be transferred from your credit card (VISA or Mastercard) three days prior to check-in, OR to avoid the surcharge on Credit Cards you can also pay by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), by contacting [email protected] for the amount owing and deposit account details. NB: All EFT payments must be transferred at least five (5) business days prior to check-in.
We ask that you please consider the comfort of guests following you by keeping the Lodge tidy, and in the condition you found it. It is impossible for us to clean the Lodge, then also the barbeque, the games cupboard, the bookshelves, the fireplace etc, for every letting, without the assistance of our guests. As a reminder of our policies, we respectfully request that you PLEASE...
1) not SMOKE or create offensive cooking odours inside the Lodge.
2) not bring or allow PETS into the Lodge.
3) use the trivets or heat boards provided, and NEVER place hot pots and pans onto our solid wood kitchen BENCHTOPS.
4) always RINSE DISHES BEFORE using the dishwasher… as it can’t clean dirty dishes!.
5) clean the BARBEQUE, and tidy the games cupboard and bookshelves before you leave, for guests following you.
6) report any breakages or damage to equipment or supplies at the premises, or you may be charged (includes pilfering).
7) check-in after 2pm, and check-out before 10am, so our housekeeper may clean the Lodge.
8) place garbage bins at the end of our lane on Tuesday evenings and collect on Wednesday mornings (for Tuesday lettings only).
9) not allow children to scatter our STONES onto the grass (as it kills our mowers).
10) be mindful of our neighbours by keeping unnecessary noise to a minimum.
11) understand that Ribbon Gum Lodge is leased for the number of guests stated in the Confirmation. Bookings that exceed the confirmed number of guests will be in breach of the lease conditions and lettings may be immediately terminated.
12) return the keys to the digital security lockbox, or where you collected them.
If you cancel your accommodation, and we can secure a replacement booking for the same period, your only cost will be a $100.00 Administration Fee. If however, the property cannot be re-let, one of the following will apply:
1. Cancellations made within seven (7) days prior to the arrival date will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
2. Cancellations made between eight (8) to 21 days prior to the arrival date will incur a 75% cancellation fee.
3. Cancellations made outside 21 days prior to the arrival date will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
4. If you shorten your stay, the unused portion of your rental is not refundable.
5. You may use the $100 Administration Fee towards future accommodation with us, anytime within the following 3 months.
NOTE: We recommend that all guests purchase comprehensive travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances, which may arise beyond the guest’s reasonable control.